Even pies can blossom in the spring…
- 600 g flour
- 30 g vanilla sugar
- 100 g sugar powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 150 g cottage cheese
- 7 apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar powder
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar. Add sugar powder.
- Add butter, cut into pieces. Mix everything together.
- Add cottage cheese and make the dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Place one piece into the pie dish.
- Peeled apples cut into halves. Cut out apple core.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of sugar powder on top of the dough. Then put apple halves.
- Place the second part of the dough on top of the apples.
- Work in the corners, cut the extra pieces around the edge off.
- Bake in the preheated to 180 degrees C (355 degrees F) oven for about 40-45 minutes.
“The First Law of Pies: ‘No Pastry, No Pie.”― Janet Clarkson
Have a nice day!